C++ Software Engineer
Recruiting Associates (www.recruitingassociates.net) has been retained by a leading national security firm to help identify C++ Software Engineers to work in their Dayton, OH offices. This is an exciting opportunities to use your software development experience to further develop the Xpatch Toolsuite, a nationally recognized, industry leading prediction code essential for performing electromagnetic computations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop user interface software in C++ for users to easily interact with Xpatch.
- Extend and improve existing software code to incorporate new features.
- Develop software in a team setting and practice Agile principles and values.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
- Bachelors’ Degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain a secret security clearance.
- Experience with C++.
- Strong software programming skills and object oriented design/programming experience.
- Adaptable and able to learn new skills quickly.
- Be a good communicator, and can work effectively with others, both side-by-side and in remote locations.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- Bachelors’ Degree with 2+ years’ experience with C++.
- Experience with software version control such as Mercurial and GIT.
- Experience with Linux and Windows software development.
- Experience with the Qt framework, 3D graphics and OpenGL.
- Experience with various application or testing frameworks for unit, integration, and regression testing.
- Basic knowledge of electromagnetic theory.