Recruiting Associates (www.recruitingassociates.net) has been retained by a mid-sized government contractor that specializes in support of the intelligence community. They are currently seeking fully-cleared Java Software Engineers to work in either Herndon, Chantilly or Reston, VA.
Our client provides reliable solutions to meet their clients’ goals and objectives in the core areas of:
They have a strong and diverse Government and commercial client base with key customer relationships in the Department of Defense (DoD), Intelligence Community (IC), and Civilian agencies. Our customers include the U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), Department of State (DoS), Department of Transportation (DOT), Department of Agriculture (USDA), Department of Commerce (DOC), and various Intelligence agencies.
- Systems & Software Engineering
- Data Analytics & High-Performance Computing
- Cyber Security & Cloud Mission Support
- Acquisition, Financial Management, & Program Support
What you will be doing – Job Description for Java Developer
This position is ideal for an individual who is interested and experienced in writing code on an agile development team in a test-driven development environment. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter who is comfortable working both individually and on a team.
Positions for multiple experience levels are available to accommodate mid-level to senior level candidates.
What you will need - Qualifications for Java Developer
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field
- 2-20+ years of Java development experience
- Experience with Windows, Unix, or Linux operating systems to design, code, test, and debug software
Preferred Skills for Java Developer
- Analyze overall system performance to determine initial requirements
- Collaborate with users to evaluate the existing system and design solutions based on customer requirements
- Develop software applications utilizing Java-based interfaces
- Evaluation and implementation of enhancements and modifications to software components
All candidates must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- Java EE, and associated IDEs such as Glassfish
- Java Frameworks (Spring, Hibernate) and Messaging Frameworks such as JMS, web services (REST, SOAP)
- Experience working within an Agile environment
- Java IDEs such as Eclipse
- Experience with version control tools such as Subversion and Gi
- Java build tools (i.e. make tools and Apache)
- Experience with version control tools such as Subversion and Git